Logline: Remy, a charming rat from rural France, travels to Paris. After realizing that his favorite culinary idol is deceased, he discovers a way to become great in his own way—through helping a young, aspiring chef (Linguini) create masterful dishes.
Memorable Moments: Cut to the scene when Anton Ego, merciless food critic, bites into his decadent dinner at the restaurant. His five or so minute reflection afterwards: Priceless.
Why People Love It: Loosely akin to the more grown-up Cyrano de Bergerac, Ratatouille exemplifies (Disney/Pixar-style) what creatures, even “charming rats with dreams”, can accomplish given harmony and understanding with humankind.
Best Quote: Remy (voiceover by Patton Oswalt): “This is me. I think it’s apparent that I need to rethink my life a little bit. What’s my problem? First of all, I’m a rat. Which means, life is hard. Second, I have a highly developed sense of taste and smell.”
No comments:
Post a Comment