Logline: Guido (who portrays the man (Fellini) who actually directs 8 1/2) is an accomplished director who’s trying to finally settle down. However, in addition to being badgered by former colleagues for more work/new ideas, Guido becomes engrossed in reflection of his career.
Memorable Moments: Near the introduction, Guido manifests a dream where he magically floats into the sky. However, he’s pulled back to Earth with a rope by fellow crew members.
Why People Love It: Besides being Fellini’s last black and white flick, it’s nothing less than a magnum opus on the art of self-examination and making a radical switch from realism to personal fantasy, and boasts a colorful cast with more depth than the Grand Canyon.
Best Quote: Guido (Marcello Mastroianni): “The truth is: I do not know… I seek… I have not yet found. Only with this in mind can I feel alive and look at you without shame.”
No comments:
Post a Comment